What Is A Trichoplax?

A Trichoplax is one of the simplest organisms you can find. It has no discernible organs or structure, and is basically a flat blob of tissue that moves around. Is it alive? I don't know. But I thought I'd ruminate on other conundrums in this space.

I Agree

Shuffle 20

I don't normally respond to chain letters on Facebook, but this one was so amusing to me (considering my arcane tastes in music) I couldn't resist. If you have one of these songs in your playlist, congratulations. Enjoy:

"Once you've been tagged... (1) Turn on your MP3 player/iPod/ITunes. (2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode. (3) Write down the first 20 songs that come up--song title and artist--NO editing/cheating, please. (4) Choose 25 (or so) people to be tagged. It is generally considered to be courteous to tag the person who tagged you. "If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about your musical tastes, or at least a random sampling thereof. Or maybe you tagged me. Or maybe I thought you tagged me a long time ago and I'm just now getting around to responding. "To do this, go to "NOTES" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, enter your 20 Shuffle Songs, Click Preview to tag 20 people then click Publish."
  1. Escena Poeticas I: Eva Y Walter - Enrique Granados
  2. Concerto de Aranjuez: Adagio - Joaquin Rodrigo
  3. 2nd Improvision Op. 47, The Threat - Nikolai Medtner
  4. Medal of Honor: Securing the Codebook - Michael Giacchino
  5. Symphony No. 3 in C major, Op. 52 Andantino con moto, quasi allegretto - Jean Sibelius
  6. Final Fantasy VIII Piano Collection, The Castle - Nobuo Uematsu
  7. Four Lyric Fragments, Op. 23 I. Allegretto commaodamente - Nikolai Medtner
  8. Quartet for piano, violin, viola and cello No. 2 in G minor Op. 45. Mvmnt. 2 - Gabriel Faure
  9. Tomb Raider: Dangerous Foe - Nathan McCree
  10. String Quartet in C Major, K. 465 'Dissonance', Menuetto & Trio - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  11. Prelude in B Major, Op. 16, No. 1 - Alexander Scriabin
  12. Star Wars: Episode III, The Immolation Scene - John Williams
  13. Pride & Prejudice: Dawn - Dario Marianelli
  14. Piano Concerto No. 2 in G minor Op. 16, Andantino, Allegro - Sergei Prokofiev
  15. Sonata No. 6 in D major, Allego Spiritoso - Gioachino Rossini
  16. Excursions, Op. 20: Allegretto - Samuel Barber
  17. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Cirith Ungol - Howard Shore
  18. Piano Concerto in A minor, op. 54, Intermezzo, Andantino Grazioso, Attacca - Robert Schumman
  19. Intermezzo in B-Flat Minor, Op. 114, No. 2: Andante non troppo e con molta espressione - Johannes Brahms
  20. Piano Concerto No. 3, Allegro Ma non Tanto - Sergei Rachmaninoff

0 comments: