What Is A Trichoplax?

A Trichoplax is one of the simplest organisms you can find. It has no discernible organs or structure, and is basically a flat blob of tissue that moves around. Is it alive? I don't know. But I thought I'd ruminate on other conundrums in this space.

I Agree

GEEK OUT: Macs VS PC

Most people who know me know I use Macs and I love them. I also do PC repair so I know intimately how much a Windows computer can suck sometimes.


Yesterday Apple came out with some new "I'm a Mac" ads and the one that was particularly amusing to me was called "Legal Copy". Go ahead and check it out, I'll wait.

Anyway, if you don't bother to watch it, the ad involves PC making statements such as "incredibly easy to use" while legal copy increasingly grows in size at the bottom of the page. What's funny to me is what the legal copy actually says. A website called MacJournals.com actually took the time to read what it said, and came out with humorous, though sometimes admittedly exaggerated, gems like this:

Please note that when you first receive your PC there is some suggested work that needs to be done before PCs can perform at their peak. These steps include, but are not limited to, downloading and installing necessary drivers for peripherals. These drivers may include printers, scanners, cameras, storage devices, music players, and other media devices. There may be more depending on your needs. It is also recommended that first time users remove all unneeded bloatware and remove all operational components.


0 comments: